Thursday, April 07, 2011

Similarities noted, ends reached, paper folded

I have finished Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. I'm not entirely certain what to say about it. There are things I was surprised by (the amount of time spent at the University) and things that were grand and things that were foreboding and things that were funny and... well, you get the idea. It's a great book. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than Name of the Wind, so I'll settle for equal. I certainly look forward to the last book and have some slight fears that things will Not End Well. I shall have to read it again.

We're currently watching season 2 of School Rumble. I've missed this show. It's still absolutely hilarious. The 2nd and 3rd episodes reminded me of the paintball episode of Community, except that instead of riffing on 28 Days Later, they were going for Battle Royale. Without the silly weapons. Although there was a silly outfit. It's great.

It is now the stupid weather phase here. I rather dislike April and May because the temperatures are all over the place. We're supposed to have some snow over the next couple days and it looks like it's thinking about it at the moment. Bring back late Fall... Of course now I have to start worrying about the lawn and getting the mower into some state of readiness. Bleh.

I have learned to make jumping frog and wing flapping crane origami. They are quite fun. I was hoping to make a time delayed frog as seen in the first episode of The Mentalist, but apparently there is no such thing. Clever TV trickery!

No comments: