Thursday, December 16, 2010

Media Consumption

I will try and cover the various things that have been seen and/or read at casa del 'd' recently. I'm not sure I'm up to the task...

Triangle is a pretty fascinating horror movie. Without giving too much away, it's basically a retelling of the Sisyphus story. There are some pretty neat moments in it. Rather liked this one and recommend it. Especially for little sis and 'k'.

Big Bang Theory season 3 is pretty decent too. Although they use Sheldon's Bazinga! joke a little too much. Except for the ball pit sequence. That was pure comedy gold.

The Fuller Memorandum by Charles Stross was also quite good. I really do like the Laundry Files books. I was a little worried that this one would be completely depressing. Fortunately it's only somewhat depressing. And there are a few images that will stick with you for quite some time. Cultists indeed...

Hikaru no Go. I've read a couple more books and I think I may be done with this series. I've read enough that at this point it's really just more of the same. (Some of you probably marveled that it took 21 volumes for me to reach that point, but whatever.)

Fullmetal Alchemist I've read a couple more of this series and am enjoying it quite a bit. Plan to continue this one.

There's probably more, but I can't be bothered to remember what it was. Alas.

In other news, we're just about ready for the holidays. Family members are coming in to town so that should be nice. The kids have one day of school left before they have their break until next year. (Next year! Who let that happen already?!) I can't think of any particularly amazing stories worth sharing. Oh, if you want painted room pictures, head over to littles sis's blog. She has a couple. I may or may not get some put up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel