Thursday, April 15, 2010

Your regularly scheduled post

First order of business: Mu Shu Pork and Bang Bang Shrimp were both cooked and consumed last week. And they were both good. The Mu Shu Pork was a little on the time intensive side to prepare, but was rather tasty. The shrimp was certainly easier to prepare but was slightly less tasty. Which is a little odd as I tend to like spicy things. Not that they were that spicy. We did manage to avoid one mishap when lovely wife accidentally picked up cooked shrimp instead of raw. I suspect it's not wise to fry already cooked shrimp. So yes, new recipes and mostly a success. Yay!

And now for a brief tangent. Working at a Library is a bit of a fascinating thing. Mostly as I am an avid reader and now I have a reading list that I will never ever ever finish. But working here has mostly sated my purchase new book urge. Partially due to advance reader copies and partially because pretty much anything I might want to read is readily available. I might have to wait some, but it will be available. So I don't go out of my way to purchase things unless it's an author I especially like or a book I really like.

I am currently reading such a book. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is quite simply one of the best books I've read in recent memory. And I've read a lot. I won't go into much detail as I've not yet finished it, but if you like fantasy books you really must track this one down. Absolutely brilliant. I don't want to finish reading this one because then it will be over. I suspect I'll have to track down my own copy of this one.

Oh and I must also plug Mouse Guard again. It really is quite good.

We've been catching random episodes of Castle lately. It's nice in a Nathan Fillion fix sort of way, but the show itself is a little silly. Of the handful of episodes I've seen they telegraphed the ending within the first few minutes twice. I don't consider myself that good a mystery sleuth so I'm guessing these plots are pretty see through. But it does have Nathan Fillion. And the lady from the third Librarian movie. So I guess that's something.

Now off with you, I've a book to finish.

No comments: