Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lost my mind (at Sea)

I forgot to mention I also read Lost at Sea by Bryan Lee O'Malley (of Scott Pilgrim fame). It too is a coming of age story dealing with that transition from High School to the world beyond and the strange creatures we are at the time. It's also an interesting read. Blankets probably comes out ahead, but Lost at Sea isn't really that far behind. This one focuses on a quiet girl whose soul was stolen by a cat and the road trip she suddenly finds herself a part of. So, you know, it's exactly like real life.

So, yeah, reading list lately has dealt with growing up and the horrors joys that that entails. Maybe I should pass some of this along to varying relatives and see if it helps... Unlikely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you making snide comments about my parents? Hmmm?

d said...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Rachel said...

If you're wanting favorite neice to read keep dreaming and wishing. Although they'd be good for her she wouldn't understand them. Sorry fav. neice.