Thursday, November 06, 2008

Jumbled thoughts

Finished reading Ring by Koji Suzuki (note to sister, translated from the Japanese), the book the movie was based on. I think the book came first. Heck even with the vast power of the internet a click away I don't care that much. Anyway, good book. It's interesting to see the slight differences. The movie follows the book pretty well and I don't think they made any significant changes. Well, ok I suppose there's one big change (no creepy Japanese ghost girl climbing out of TV sets in the book, shocking I know!) but other than that things were pretty close. Couple gender switches, some age changes, that sort of thing.

Honestly this is probably one instance where it is a slightly more effective movie than book. The visual images of the videotape are better actually, you know, viewed as opposed to read about. Although there was a nice little twist with the nature of the tape that was only sort of touched on in the movie. So if you liked the movie, I'd say give the book a shot. I'm going to have to track down the sequels now. I saw one of them just the other day on one of the trucks.

Watched 3:10 to Yuma again. Still enjoy that movie. Although the beginning was a little slower than I remembered. Ending is still pretty good though.

Election happened. That's really about all I have to say about that. There were no surprises at the outcome, and no really joy/dismay. Yay, we elected a politician. I really can't muster much enthusiasm about that.

Seems like there have been other happenings going on, but I really can't recall. We had some snow that made the commute a living nightmare. Driving downtown in stop and go traffic is an exercise in sheer physical pain. At least I have my iPod and an automatic now. Otherwise I'd be reaching for a slightly different automatic...

I want some more Chocolate Monkey Bread...

And some fries. And maybe a steak... Oddly, yes there is an article about the best steaks in Vegas nearby... Mmm steak.

No comments: