Thursday, October 17, 2013

Go figure

So realistically I could point out that the Government decided to get its act together the day after we left. Or that it rained the entire time we were at Capon. But honestly those things didn't really bother me. I'd have stayed inside a good portion of the Capon trip reading or visiting anyway (although I would have liked to play some shuffleboard) and we got to wander around the memorials in a much less packed DC. Plus we even snuck into one and how often can you say that?

I am surprised none of the vendors had a "I came to DC and all I got was this lousy t-shirt, thanks Government shutdown" shirt though. Those things would have made a bundle...

Read through John Dies at the End again. I really liked it this time. Weird. It was just much funnier and a little creepier. Or something. I'm starting Doctor Sleep, the sequel to The Shining, at the moment and that thing just jumps straight in with both feet. It doesn't mess around at all. It's already pretty disturbing. And also includes a NOS4A2 reference.

Anyway, the vacation was nice. Photos and commentary can be found elsewhere.

No comments: