Thursday, May 03, 2012

Screaming

I have been forcing a couple episodes of Masters of Horror upon lovely wife. Mostly because I always meant to watch some of them and I finally decided it was time. John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns was pretty interesting. It reminded me a little of that old Johnny Depp movie The Ninth Gate only substituting a film for a book. Or possibly In the Mouth of Madness,  which if I remember right is another John Carpenter film... Anyway, guy asks other guy to track down long lost film print that was only ever shown in public once. Riots ensued, people went crazy, etc. etc. It was fun. Stuart Gordon's Dreams in the Witch House was a decent adaptation of the Lovecraft story. Those non-Euclidean angles...

For an early Mother's Day gift we picked up lovely wife an ice cream maker. Mostly due to this book. We tried it out by making a gallon of the malted chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate chips. It was as wonderful as it sounds. Soooo goood. We're going to try another flavor this weekend for our gaming/Cinco de Mayo get together. I think there will be peanut butter involved. As for the machine itself, we opted for a nice little electric 4 quart ice/salt contraption. I kind of wish it was hand crank, but I'll be stealing Dad's hand crank machine, so I've got that base covered.

G has officially won one soccer game. It may be the only game his team wins. And strangely, soccer is far more appealing to watch than softball... I'm as surprised as anyone, I don't really like soccer.


No comments: