Thursday, May 24, 2012

Prelude to nothing

Vacation looms. This is good. I am in need of some down time. Alas we shall have to wait for another month before Dad can make it out and we really goof off. I expect this time will consist of some grilling, some ice cream and some games. And lots and lots of nothing. Except maybe sleep. Sleep sounds good.

Killer Elite was an interesting little action movie. Apparently it was based on a true story. It certainly ended ridiculously enough to be true.

I am sort of addicted to Ninjatown: Trees of Doom. It's just a non stop climbing game, but it's strangely compelling. And Motoheroz or however they spell that is worse. It's a Trials-like racing game on the iPad. You're trying to get the best time on a short race course that involves lots of jumps and hills and so on. You control the angle of the vehicle as well as its speed. It plugs right into the OCD center of my brain. Must get perfect run and beat stupid computer ghost car...

I introduced McK to Settlers of Catan last weekend. We didn't make it through a whole game. Mostly because lovely wife was about to throttle me. I had managed to cut one of her cities off onto one little corner of the board. It produced ore pretty reliably but we were racing for the 2:1 ore trading spot. If I'd managed to snag that spot she'd have been pretty dead in the water. McK wasn't too much better off. Ok , so we really stopped because it was late and McK needed to go to bed, but I like the other reason better.

Psst, the third Hex Hall book is out. It's pretty good so far. Although I have issues with the love triangle.

No comments: