Thursday, April 05, 2012

Let's hear it for incoherency

I don't know if it's the evil that is Daylight Savings Time or pollen/allergies or what but I have been far too tired of late.

We are just about caught up on all the seasons of The Guild. Lovely wife and I finished season 4 the other night and season 5 is on hold and I believe that makes us current. It's still pretty amusing. Felicia Day recently launched a youtube channel, Geek and Sundry which I highly recommend checking out. Wil Wheaton's Tabletop is a pretty good show centered on boardgames. The first episode covers Small World. There are a lot of other shows to check out as well. I just need a better internet connection so I can watch them without having to restart the show every 5 seconds.

Real Steel was a fun little robot boxing flick. I rather enjoyed it as did G.

The Bourne movies are also still excellent. And still in spite of the camera work. (I think I'm obligated to harp on that whenever they're mentioned)

Other than that things are fine around Casa del 'd'. We're only sort of ready for Easter or Spring Break or any number of other kid related type things. M gave a fun little report on Jim Henson and G has started soccer. Lost their first game 6-0. Admittedly they'd only had one practice up until that point. McK is being swallowed by stage crew again. Silly kids and their activities.

Apparently all lawnmower troubles are carburetor related. Went to try and mow the lawn last week and could not get the mower to start. After replacing far too many bits and bobs we ended at a little small engine repair place staffed by people with some flavor of Russian accent. When the guy looking at our mower implicated the carburetor in the troubles the rest of the staff yelled "Carburetor! Always carburetor!" I suspect they had a drinking game as well...

Oh and I should point out that Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks is an absolutely wonderful little graphic novel. It follows Maggie, an up til this point home schooled girl, as she's about to go to High School for the first time. Where her three older brothers have been for a couple years. It's funny and touching and occasionally puzzling (what is the deal with that ghost? I personally think it's a stand in for the issues relating to her mother.) Check it out.

No comments: