Thursday, July 07, 2011

In which I succumb to Eliot

Well, this morning certainly started not with a bang but a whimper. From my car that is. I went to leave for work only to have my car express different intentions. It contemplated starting up before deciding to die once placed in reverse. It then started up again only to display the check engine light a couple blocks down the road. So I came back home and stole lovely wife's van. I attempted to explain this to her, but she was less than conscious at 6 AM. Oh well. She figured it out. And ran around a bit in an effort to fix my car. So hopefully it's running a little better now. I suspect a bad batch of gas was the culprit. Engine was running lean. Whatever that means...

I have finished the Portal 2 single player campaign. And it was awesome. The ending is great. Such a great game - I highly recommend it to everyone (and some of those last puzzles are fiendish!). Now to attempt the co-op puzzles. Mwa ha ha ha.

McK did indeed place 2nd in the Girls' Softball league. So congrats to her. The were doing ok in what might have been the penultimate game until that third inning and the other team managed to rack up more points than they could overcome. Alas.

I am ready for summer to be over. In spite of the fact that it hasn't been around that long. It's seriously messing with my sleep schedule. Stupid heat. I'm in the wrapped in cotton insomnia phase. Not quite the waterbeds for cats phase.

We had a decent 4th if I ignore the stomach bug that attacked Saturday evening. Got dragged over to the letter 'r's so we could enjoy the show from their balcony. It was a nice fireworks show. Still kept me up too late. Apparently we scored them a few points with their neighbors when we shot off our fireworks. We bought one of the fancy no longer illegal types. I like fireworks. I think it would be fascinating to learn to make them.

In slightly amusing G news, he decided to play Uncharted at the park the other day and run away from the yetis while traversing the various playground equipment. So funny that kid. We're not waiting for Uncharted 3, nope, not at all.

No comments: