Saturday, August 28, 2004

5 Random things

Well, Kidney Stones '04 is mostly over. Apparently there were two monster sized kidney stones causing my wife vast amounts of pain. They've successfully removed both of them and she is once again home. Now if the girls will give us a moment of peace we might actually get some rest...

The author list was interesting. I was relieved, surprised content to have read most of them. Frank Herbert's Dune was yearly reading material for me a few years back. I've never managed to read any of the rest of the series. Although I have read House Atreides... Stanislaw Lem's Solaris is one that I revisit every so often as well. I've seen both versions of that film and while there are a few things to appreciate about the original Russian film, I actually enjoyed the remake more. (I know, I know, there goes any sort of geek cred I may have had.)

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell comes out in a week or so. It looks rather interesting.

Van Von Hunter is worth checking out and will most likely warrant a post at some point in the future.

And for a last random thing, here's a return of the Haiku O' the Day:

I sit in silence
Broken by rampant children
I can't quite relax

No comments: