Thursday, January 05, 2012

Back in the saddle

So, new year. Seems much like the old one. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

Over the break I read the first two "Richard Castle" books, Heat Wave and Naked Heat. I'm on the hold list for the third. They're fun. If you like watching the show, you'll get a kick out of the books. Similar jokes/conversations, etc. I find it terribly amusing that they've got Fillion on the jacket and appropriate dedications, etc.

G has been lost in the world of Skylanders, it's apparently pretty good. I enjoyed the little bit that I got to play with him. It's fun to swap the characters around and explore the little bits of the world. Not a fan of the tether they use if you play multi player and one person wants to go one way and the other another. (Disney Universe suffers from this as well.

Uncharted 3 continues to be pretty amazing. Some of the level design is just astounding. The pirate level...

Lovely wife and I watched Limitless and it was pretty good. I stumbled across it as part of an under-appreciated sci fi list (Source Code and The Adjustment Bureau rounded it out) and as it was the one I hadn't seen we gave it a go. It's good, you should check it out.

We held a mini game night on New Year's Eve and played Dwarf King, Skip Bo and Zombie Dice. Oh and King of Tokyo. Strangely, Zombie Dice was the one that everyone got the biggest kick out of. Well, ok, Zombie Dice is pretty awesome. After all it's got zombies and dice (and I really need to snag the expansion dice...) King of Tokyo ended appropriately in the death of all monsters save one, so that was good.

Oh, and the iPad continues to be awesome. So far I highly recommend Flipbook if you have one. Absolutely brilliant way to manage your internet feeds like Google Reader, twitter, etc. I just need to see if there's a way to add google+ to it... I use Crackle while exercising (I can manage to get through an episode of Samurai X each morning) and that's pretty great. And then of course there's all the random games and so forth. I recommend trying out Vid Rhythm by Harmonix. It lets you make your own music video and if you get a kick out of messing with photo booth, this is right up your alley. I'm not sure lovely wife has been so amused. Except possibly by photo booth. Skitch lets you draw all over your photos and that's pretty fun too.

So 2011 ended well and we look forward to 2012 in some fashion or other. Well, ok, I could do without the upcoming election, but that's neither here nor there.

No comments: