Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nothing to see ... move along

It feels like there should be things to talk about, but honestly I've not got a clue what they are. I suppose if I bothered talking about anything other than games, books and movies I'd probably have a couple topics, but I really can't be bothered.

I did finish volume 12 of 20th Century Boys. It looks like we may now know who the mysterious Friend is. Although it's been long enough since I started the series, that I'm still not entirely sure who it is. I still really enjoy reading the series though. I think we're roughly half way now even! ^_^ Heh.

The Expendables was pretty much a lost opportunity. When I heard about the movie (mostly the cast) I had hopes for a slightly campy, self aware non stop action flick. What I got was a straight up action flick. Now, there is plenty of action, but it's played way too straight. So it wasn't really as good I was hoping it would be. Alas. If you have interest in seeing it (and you somehow haven't already) just know that it takes itself very seriously. Slight Spoiler: Oh and my favorite complaint about the flick is how can you have a group called the Expendables and then let them all live through the movie?

We're about to watch the A Team movie and season 2 of Castle. So good times ahead.

M has decided she wants to be in the school play/musical Mulan. They're letting the fourth graders participate in the background choir stuff. And she's about to start selling GS cookies again. Lovely wife is thrilled.

I have discovered that they're about to release glow in the dark hexbug nano stuff. This is very exciting news. Now you can be strangely hypnotized in the dark!

No comments: