Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Let's see if I can string together some coherent thoughts

We've watched a couple more movies. The Men Who Stare at Goats was pretty good. Clooney and McGregor do a nice job and you really wonder just how much of that happened. I think I'll give the book a go.

The Vampire's Assistant was fun. Pay no attention to little sis's comment on that last post. Wasn't horrible, wasn't great, but it was fun. I liked the art style of the credits too. It's another one that suffers a little from being the first in a series, but not horribly so.

I've not yet seen Twilight: the Twilightening, mostly as lovely wife watched it without me. Something about a mock free environment and a lousy day and other assorted nonsense. Her initial report is that it followed the book. That doesn't bode well. I hope to endure watch it later this week. I did find a couple more let's mock Twilight links, but that shtick is getting a little old (except for me) so I won't point you to them.

I've got several books waiting in the wings almost done and almost started, so more on them later.

I suppose the big news from Casa del 'd' is that we finally joined the TV revolution and picked up a nice 42" Insignia HDTV. It's very pretty. In spite of the fact that we have little to no actual HD content running through it. Movies and games look quite amazing on the hardware we do have and TV is, well, TV. Lovely wife is a little annoyed at the reverse letterboxing TV goes through (it's a 4:3 ratio dear) but otherwise things are grand. It took a little too long to extricate the old tv from the entertainment center, move the other bits, put together the new stand, relocate the bits and hook up the TV but nothing is perfect. (And can I just say Silent Hill on the Wii is amazing now? I can read some of the text that was pretty illegible before and the graphics really are pretty good. Yay!)

G got to give his first oral report in preschool today and apparently managed to instruct the class on crocodiles pretty well. 5 facts delivered all by himself.

And now I have a long weekend to look forward to. Although there is a wedding to attend tomorrow...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Enjoy the wedding. Stare at Goats was funny. Vamp assistant still dumb. Way to go Graeme on the grade card! Glad y'all got a new TV. Now to get the HD, makes it even better.