Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weekly dose of randomness

Actually, I don't really have anything all that random to point you towards. The San Diego Comic Con is going on and apparently all the Twilight fans are out in droves for hopes of a glimpse of Paper(cut) Moon New Moon. Le sigh. Don't they know there are real movies worth being interested in? I somehow doubt it.

Finally caught Taken the other night. It was a decent action flick. Typical Dad knows best, torture is ok, completely silly ending sort of movie. I'm just glad it was only 90 minutes. Otherwise actually thinking about what was going on would probably have ruined vast amounts of that film. Other than the ending. Seriously. How was he not in jail by the end? But Liam Neeson does kick some serious butt.

We have since played a few more games of Dominion. I'm finding it to be rather enjoyable if a bit mysterious. I'm not at all surprised it won the SdJ this year, there's a fair amount of depth as you try to figure out the best way to construct your deck. There's not a whole lot of player interaction (at least not with the initial set of recommended cards) but the up side is that any mistakes you make are pretty much your fault. There's not a lot of luck involved (and that's a great thing). Definitely worth picking up if you like relatively light strategy games.

This is a long weekend and I couldn't be happier. Well ok if it were much cooler out and I didn't have as much stuff on my schedule I might be a touch happier, but still pretty happy. We may try a recipe for meatballs that involves grape jelly. I'm a little scared, but supposedly it's tasty...

Oh I should point out that G let us know last night that eating celery had made his mouth hot. I feel science should study this effect. The power of celery to raise one's mouth temperature. Sure beats some of the studies they do. I'm not entirely convinced it was really celery that caused this as we had curry for dinner and that was a much more likely culprit, but he seems convinced.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's hilarious about Graeme. Kaitlyn wants the dolls of Twilight, I think there are 3 now. Enjoy your long mormon weekend, i'm jealous as I'll be working this weekend some horrible hours. Have fun. A card game called Quao is also fun.