Monday, March 27, 2006

Gamecube Easter Egg

Ran across the alternate startup sounds for the Gamecube. Apparently if you hold the Z button on either 1 or 4 controllers, you get an alternate sound sequence. That wacky Nintendo...

My wife and I have started trekking through Tales of Symphonia again. Sadly we started it back in 2004. I suspect we'll get through it by 2010... I only wish I were kidding.

Watched Mirrormask and Flightplan over the weekend. Mirrormask was pretty good. I was worried that Dave McKean's art would be a little too strange, but it was better than I expected. I'm not a huge fan of his, but in the context of the movie it worked surprisingly well. It's certainly different, but different can be good. It's very much an art film, but there's an alright little story at the core of it. It doesn't always make a ton of sense, but then what dreams do?

Flightplan, however, was horrid. Admittedly, I wasn't expecting much from it and it delivered. Gaping plot holes, a story that for the most part crept along and just general mind-numbing-ness. Keep walking past this one.

To give Jodie Foster some credit, her new one - Inside Man looks good...

No comments: